Total Views


Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Prince and Aliens?

So as the title says, Prince and Aliens, or An Alien. What do they have in common?, well for now, only the fact that they both got painted by yours truly:) First is my caricature of Prince, who in my opinion is a musical genius. From wikipedia: Prince (born Prince Rogers Nelson; June 7, 1958) is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and actor. He has produced ten platinum albums and thirty Top 40 singles during his career. He established his own recording studio and label; writing, self-producing and playing most, or all, of the instruments on his recordings. In addition, he has been a "talent promoter" for the careers of Sheila E., Carmen Electra, The Time and Vanity 6, and his songs have been recorded by these artists and others (including Chaka Khan, The Bangles, Sinéad O'Connor, and even Kim Basinger). I have just started a new caricature course at the Schoolism website with instructor Jason Seiler. Jason is an amazing painter, and I am excited to learn under him and improve my caricatures and portraits. This Prince caricature was done before I started the class, but I'll be sure and blog about my experience with the course as I finish the assignments throughout the next couple of weeks. Prince_001 Next up is an Aquatic Alien concept design that started out as a z-brush sculpture than refined in Photoshop. I did this one shortly after watching a few demonstrations by Artist Eric Ryan. I just watched his workshop at the CGMA online workshops site (Computer Graphics Masters Academy) in which he shows his process of character creation. For the workshop he created a Boar/ humanoid creature. I also purchased Ryan's Gnomon Workshops dvd, in it he takes you through a similar process, but this time re-imagining film creature, The Fly. So keeping his techniques in mind I set out to re-imagine The creature from the black Lagoon, but as I started sculpting I started to go in another direction and came up with this guy. Definitely check out Eric Ryan's workshops and downloads, you won't be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by, Enjoy!!! Alien_concept_08_21_2012

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.