Total Views


Friday, August 24, 2012

Jason Seiler's Caricature Course

So as I mentioned in the last post, I started Jason Seiler's 9 week caricature course at the schoolism site. You can check it out here: http://schoolism.com/?share=r0qv2 I'm having a great time already. If you have been to my site or this blog in the past , then you know I have a passion for drawing caricatures of celebrities. I have been wanting to take Jason's course for awhile now, and since I just wrapped up Anthony Jones's creature design course, I thought now is as good a time as any, plus they are currently having a fall sale on classes, which is a plus. In my opinion, Jason is one of the best in the business when it comes to this topic and I am super excited to learn his techniques. These are a few of sketches I did for the first assignment. Jason supplied a few pics of citizens for you to sketch and a couple of pics of actor Tom Hanks. So for the first assignment, I did a few rough sketches of the citizens and a slightly tighter sketch of Tom Hanks. Then for fun I decided to do a quick color block in of Tom Hanks that I may use as a guide for a finished piece. Tom Hanks is one of my wife's favorite actors, so I may just go ahead and finish that up soon for my portfolio. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!!! Lesson_1_sketch01 Lesson_1_sketch02 Lesson_1_sketch03 Tom_Hanks_sketch Tom_Hanks_color_blockin

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.