Total Views


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

caricature sketching

Here's some caricature sketches done directly in Photoshop with no real sketch lines as a start.  Instead I sketched with tonal values, concentrating on the shapes and forms of the face and it's features.  This is a technique I learned from watching artist like Joe Bluhm and Jason Seiler work.  These are not meant to be finished by any means, they are just sketches, so they are full of mistakes, but it's fun and a great learning process to work this way.  If I wanted to refine these, it would not be difficult to do from this stage. 

Jason-Seiler_Tutorial001

Jason-Seiler_Tutorial002

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.