Total Views


Monday, November 4, 2013

The Wicked Witch of the West

Here is a caricature of Actress Margaret Hamilton as The Wicked Witch of the West, from the classic film The Wizard Of Oz. Hamilton also played as Miss Almira Gulch in the movie. I been asked recently to be part of Vol.2 of Rodney Dollah's Little book of Monsters coming out next year, you can see details and check out the list of artist showcasing their work here. I was working on a Bride Of Frankenstein piece for my submission into the book, and Rodney asked if I would do a second piece so I can have a nice double page spread in the book. Obviously I responded with a heck yes and got busy painting this wicked witch piece. Hamilton has such a strong silhouette in her witch costume, she created a strong character that in my opinion still stands the test of time as a great cinema villain. I'll be posting the Bride Of Frankenstein piece soon, for now enjoy the Wicked Witch Of The West. Thanks for stoppin by:) Wicked-With-Of-The-West_color_001

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.