Total Views


Saturday, September 11, 2010

New interview on theboxingnews.com

I was asked to do an interview by Ray Kilgore for his site the boxing stories.com Ray had contacted me initially about using my art for the header on his website. During our correspondence we ended up getting into a conversation about boxing and I told him I was an amateur boxer when I was younger and also that I boxed out of St.Paul Minnesota (He also has a site called Minnesota boxing .com) He then asked me if I would be willing to do an interview for his site. It was a lot of fun to share my story with Ray and also to reconnect through Ray with some of my old friends and coaches that were such a big part of my life.
Here is a link to the article:
http://boxing-buzz.com/?p=95
you can also check out Ray Kilgore sites for the latest in the Boxing world:
www.minnesotaboxing.com
www.theboxingstories.com
I would like to give a special thanks to Ray Kilgore for the opportunity to interview with him and share my art with the boxing community. R.I.P. Tommy Brunette , my amateur boxing coach and mentor, and also to all the families that lost loved ones during 9/11, my family's prayers are with you all.
Here is a cartoon/ caricature of one of my all time favorite fighters, Rocky Marciano who retired an undefeated champion with a record that was similar to my amateur record: 49-0

Da_Brockton_Brawler_pencils

Da_Brockton_Brawler_color

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.