Total Views


Thursday, September 9, 2010

having fun with Z-brush 4

This guy's head was sculpted in Z-brush 4 using the work of the insanely talented Jordu schell as reference. I then carried it into photoshop were I added the torso, background, textures and color. I imagine this guy just escaped or emerged from some experimental chamber, hence the green smoke. The green growth on his body looks like it could erupt at any moment with larvae.
Jordu Schell is a character designer that has worked on many of the top films we see today. His credits include: Predators, Chronicles Of Narnia, Avatar, The Mist, Hellboy, and 300, just to name a few. This guys sculptures are amazing. Check out his blog, where he post his daily creature drawings. http://schellstudio.com/blog/

bug-boy_final

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.