Total Views


Saturday, September 4, 2010

Godzilla Wants a Burger






I wanted to explore a style that was painterly, sort of like the work of Artist Paul Felix. This was an older drawing I did when I was taking a game designing course with The Art Institute a few years ago. I Painted over top of the original painting using some oil brushes in Corel Painter IX. Godzilla was a favorite of mine growing up, and some of my earliest memories as far as art goes, was of me drawing Godzilla and some of his villain monsters fighting. I would like to explore this style further, next time with a newer piece. you can check out some of Paul Felix's work in the Art Of Bolt book, among other animated films he's worked on. paul is an amazing talent.

Godzilla_wantsa_burger

Godzilla_detail

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.