Thursday, December 13, 2012
Vampires and other things that go bump in the night
A couple of monster/ creature designs to test out a new technique/ approach. I started with a black canvas in photoshop, then on a new layer and layed down a basic gradient. I then turned the gradient layer into a mask, so I can paint in black and white with a textured brush to reveal some interesting shapes until I see a design emerge. Working this way allowed my to see a design fairly quickly. Thanks for stopping by, Enjoy!!!
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (27)
- ► 2013 (75)
- New Art E-Book
- Conan The Barbarian
- Happy Holidays
- Clint Eastwood gets a makeover
- Female Figure Studies
- New Sci-Fi Concept art magazine
- Get 25% off my book jab, jab, Whammo
- Vampires and other things that go bump in the nigh...
- The Twilight Saga
- jab, jab, WHAMMO!!! the art of Rafael Rivera a.k.a...
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2011 (111)
- ► 2010 (93)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (28)
- I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.