Total Views


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Z-brush class with Michael Defeo

I just started a 9 week Z-brush course at schoolism.com with instructor Michael Defeo. Very excited to take these classes, the instructor explains everything in a very user friendly manner. He has done character design for Blue Sky studio's Robots, Ice Age, Despicable Me and much more. You can see his work on his blog, some very cool stuff. http://michaeldefeo.blogspot.com/

The first assignment was to sculpt a rough character bust based on Defeo's drawing. We will be adding hair and other geometry as we go on. Below is the beginning of my assignment.

Defeo_practice_front

Defeo_practice_threequarter

Defeo_practice_profile

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.