Sad news today, I woke up the find out that one of my heroes has past. Rest In Peace friend. Jean Henri Gaston Giraud (8 May 1938 – 10 March 2012) was a French comics artist, working in the French tradition of bandes dessineés. Giraud earned worldwide fame, not only under his own name but also under the pseudonym Mœbius, and to a lesser extent Gir, the latter appearing mostly in the form of a boxed signature at the bottom of the artist's paintings.
Among his most famous creation was the Western comic series "Blueberry" which he cocreated with Jean-Michel Charlier, one of the first Western anti-heroes to appear in comics. Under the pseudonym Moebius he created a wide range of science fiction and and fantasy comics in a highly imaginative and surreal almost abstract style, the most famous of which are Arzach and the Airtight Garage of Jerry Cornelius, and the The Incal. Blueberry was adapted for the screen in 2004. Many of his strips were reprinted here in the states in Heavy Metal magazine.
He died of cancer on 10 March 2012 at age 73 in Paris.
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (27)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Tommy Lee Jones as Agent K
- Tommy Lee Jones Progress shots
- Some sketchy ladies
- Crash landing in the forest
- Stylized z-brush sketch
- Forest Enviro
- Z-brush class with Michael Defeo
- Christopher Walken final
- Christopher Walken Update
- Christopher Walken caricature W.I.P.
- R.I.P. Jean Giraud AKA Moebius
- Quick update
- Dames and The Droids That Love Them
- ▼ March (13)
- ► 2011 (111)
- ► 2010 (93)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (28)
- I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.