Total Views


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wormwood

I asked my wife to help me name this one and she said "falling star". So that inspired my title "Wormwood Descending". In the New Testament, in the Book of Revelation it says: "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon a third of the rivers, and upon the springs of water; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and a third of the waters became Bitter; and many people had died of the waters, because they were made bitter." (Revelation 8:10, 11 - KJB). Some Bible dictionaries and commentaries view the term as a reference to a celestial being. A Dictionary of The Holy Bible states, "the star called Wormwood seems to denote a mighty prince, or power of the air, the instrument, in its fall". Here is my version of this Fallen Star that was more than it appeared to be upon closer inspection, but brings on mass destruction none the less.

This started out as a small thumbnail from a previous post using the shape tool in Photoshop, then later some corel painter, then back into photoshop for final details and textures.

Wormwood_descending

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.