Total Views


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Loch Ness Monster

The Loch Ness Monster (Scottish Gaelic Niseag) or Nessie is a cryptid that is reputed to inhabit Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. The most frequent speculation is that the creature represents a line of long-surviving plesiosaurs. It is similar to other supposed lake monsters in Scotland and elsewhere, though its description varies from one account to the next. Here is my version of what this beestie might look like. I wanted to do a painting that had a bit of an impressionism look to it, so this was as good an excuse as any. I think the poor fisherman could have used more life and action, but then again he may just be frozen stiff from fear. lol Below is the finished piece, followed by a shot with a Fibonacci Spiral which I used to aid me in guiding the viewers eye through the composition. And lastly a close-up of the main subjects.

Nessie_001

Nessie_002

Nessie_close-up

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.