Total Views


Monday, May 10, 2010

R.I.P Frank Frazetta 1928-2010

Legendary fantasy artist Frank Frazetta passed away today from a stroke. You would be hard pressed to find an artist that was not inspired by Frazetta. If imitation is the greatest form of flattery, then frank was the most complimented artist of our time.
Photobucket
His mastery of color, composition and uncanny ability to capture action and tell a story with his images were unparalleled in the industry of comics and fantasy art. I have had the honor of meeting Frank on several occasions and getting honest feedback from him on my portfolio. I was also exposed to many rare pieces of his art, while working for Kitchen Sink press years ago. I am speaking of the work he did on the lil Abner strip and some of his funny animal drawings, as well as the more popular Death Dealer pieces. What else can I say that his art can't say for itself. Here are some of my favorite Frazetta Pieces. Rest in Peace old friend.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.