Total Views


Monday, March 1, 2010

Street Art

Back to my Brooklyn Roots for this post. This is a composition I did with the intention of reusing it for a t-shirt design with some character design in the mix. Growing up in Brooklyn, I was very much inspired by the cities street artist and fortunate enough to have met and worked with some of the biggest names in that field as I got older. I was always amazed at how the majority of the street artist had no understanding of color theory or composition, at least not in the academic sense, but yet they put together these beautiful pieces of art and all of these art principles were evident. They draw from the soul with little or no formal training. Now if that doesn't inspire you as an artist, I don't know what will.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.