Total Views


Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Willem Dafoe

Willem Dafoe (born July 22, 1955) is an American film, stage, and voice actor, and a member of the experimental theater company The Wooster Group. He has had roles in a wide range of films, including Platoon, Affliction, Off Limits, Streets of Fire, To Live and Die in L.A., Born on the Fourth of July, The English Patient, The Last Temptation of Christ, Mississippi Burning, Mr. Bean's Holiday, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Boondock Saints, Spider-Man (Green Goblin), and The Aviator, and voice roles in Fantastic Mr. Fox and Finding Nemo (Voice Of Gill), as well as The Voice and performance capture of Tars Tarkas in the film John Carter. Dafoe has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor twice. The first was for his role in Platoon in 1986 and the second time for his performance in Shadow of the Vampire in 2000. I always enjoy watching this man perform on film. Below is my caricature of Willem Dafoe followed by a screen grab of a process shot along with the reference pics I used. I purposefully kept this piece nice and painterly, experimenting with the various Mixer Brushes in Photoshop cs6 along with some custom mixer brushes I created for myself. Thanks for stopping by, Enjoy!!! Willem_Dafoe_001 Willem_Dafoe_WIP

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.