Total Views


Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Princess and The Frog





A cartoon portrait of me and my wife Vicky inspired by old fairy tales and Disney movies like Beauty and The Beast and Princess and The Frog. Hopefully I turned out to be my wife's Prince and not just a bigger frog. LOL
I drew this years ago and started to paint it but it kind of got put on the back burner. I decided to revisit it since I always liked the drawing and idea behind it and I can paint better now than a few years ago. This was drawn with ball point pen in my sketchbook, scanned in, then painted in photoshop cs5 and Corel Painter 12. Here is the finished piece followed by a few close-up detail shots.

Hoping-for-a-prince

Hoping-for-a-prince_face-detail

Hoping-for-a-prince_frog-detail

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.