Total Views


Thursday, June 3, 2010

Alien Creation

Messing around with a technique I read about in Scott Robertson's book, Alien Race, published by Design Studio Press.  He mentions in the book that he and creature designer Neville page were messing around with the mirror function on his web cam and came up a great way to design alien characters for the book.  This is an awesome way of coming up with some iterations of aliens , but can also be used for Props, weapons and just about anything else your imagination can come up with.  I recommend picking up the Alien race book as it is full of inspiration throughout.  I own many of the books published by Scott's Design Studio Press, and I have a few of Scott and Neville's Gnomon Workshop DVDs.  Both these guys are awesome artist/ teachers.  Thanks to Scott, Neville and the rest of the artist featured in Alien Race for sharing your techniques.  I'll be posting more of my experiments with this workflow in the near future. 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Mariusz Kornatka said...

Symetry/Mirror it is a nice method =)
I'm using it now too

-
all the best
Mariusz

www.mariuszkornatka.posterous.com

DARAF said...

fun stuff, Mariusz.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.