Total Views


Thursday, March 13, 2008

DAVE STEVENS (1955 - 2008)

I just found out that artist Dave Stevens has passed away a few days ago from complications of leukemia at the age of 52. Dave was a friend, mentor and huge inspiration to many artist the world over. Below is a tattoo I did on a fellow fan of Dave's art. This happens to be one of my favorite Betty Page pin-ups that Dave drew. As you can see, I did not do it justice. The art world lost one of it's best. My deepest condolences to all his family and friends. You will be missed greatly - Rest in Peace my friend. http://www.davestevens.com/

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.