Total Views


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bill "The Butcher" Cutting

This is a caricature of Daniel Day Lewis, playing William "Bill The Butcher" Cutting in Martin Scorsese's Gangs Of New York. Inspiration for the character was drawn from real life Gangster William Poole (July 24, 1821 – March 8, 1855), also known as Bill the Butcher, Poole was a member of the New York City gang the Bowery Boys, a bare-knuckle boxer, and a leader of the Know Nothing political movement.
Daniel Day Lewis is a great actor in my opinion with some stellar performances under his belt (each of which would make for some interesting caricatures). Among my favorite Day Lewis films are:
The last Of The Mohicans,
In The Name Of The Father,
The Boxer,
There Will Be Blood,
And of Course, Gangs Of New York

Bill_The_Butcher_final

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.