Total Views


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Practice, Practice, Practice

This is an assignment from my class of character design with Stephen Silver. He had us do a portrait of a man from a photo he supplied, then take the same picture and create some cartoons of the face utilizing different shapes.

Lesson3_caricature


The second part of the assignment was to do a rough design of Jeckyl and Hyde Characters. My Jeckyl was inspired by Matthew McConaughey from the movie Amistad and Hyde was inspired by Anthony Hopkins from the same movie.
They have a long way to go, but these are the initial sketches and idea. I'll be fleshing them out further in the next couple of weeks.

Lesson3_jeckle_hyderough


And lastly here are some practice sketches of animal character designs and various hands ,feet, eyes, lips etc. (I need to make a point to do more hands).
Lesson4_hands_RRivera
2011_sketchbook_039
2011_sketchbook_040

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.