Total Views


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Schoolism

So I enrolled in a digital painting course at Schoolism.com with instructor Bobby Chiu of Imaginism Studios (concept artist on Tim Burton's alice In wonderland). Bobby is a very good instructor, and when I am done with this course I plan to enroll in some of the other courses that are available. Here is my first assignment which consisted of painting over Bobby"s pencil drawing using his techniques.

bobbyChui_lesson01

I then used the same technique to grey scale one of my own cartoons. I'm not done with the black and grey yet, but when I am I will colorize it with the techniques from next weeks assignment. I am trying to discipline myself to use Bobby's technique and none of the techniques that I have picked up throughout the years.


DA_King_WIP

Lastly, here is a more realistic caricature done in photoshop and Painter of a younger Elvis Presley.

Young_Elvis_Presley

I won't be posting all the assignments as I don't want to ruin the course for anyone, but I highly recommend the classes to anyone interested in Bobby's workflow.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.