Total Views


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Iron" Mike Tyson



Here is a caricature I just completed of one of my favorite fighters, "Iron" Mike Tyson. Born June 30th 1966, in my hometown of Brooklyn New York, Michael Gerard Tyson A.K.A Iron Mike, The baddest Man on The Planet, had a record of 50-6-with 2 no contest. 44 of those wins by way of knockout. He is in the Guinness book of world records for being the youngest Heavyweight to unify the heavyweight crown and also for the most first round knockouts in the heavyweight division. He suffered a series of unfortunate events in his life outside the ring that later trickled into his performances in the ring, but there is no doubting how amazing this young athlete was when he was in the prime of his boxing career. I often would imitate his in-fighting technique when I was an amateur boxer.
 Below is my homage to the man, portraying his love for his birds. The reference picture is also posted for comparison, along with the original thumbnail sketch of the caricature. you can see from the sketch that I originally intended the drawing to be more cartoony in style, but I went with a realistic approach instead.

mike_tyson_caricature001

mike_tyson_pigeon

Tyson_pigeon_sketch

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am an Art Director/ freelance illustrator working in the Movie, Comics and Gameing industries. I have also provided graphics for advertisement companies and clothing companies. I am Currently working as Lead Artist for Soul Interface Studios (SIS) and always willing to discuss exciting new opportunities.